The mission of the Romero Archives is five-fold:
- To catalog and preserve the work of game designers.
- To catalog and preserve the design process of game designers.
- To make this work freely accessible to game historians, art historians, new media historians, academics, students of game design and game designers.
- To encourage game developers to archive their design process for future study.
- With the assistance of all the above, to make apparent the validity of game design as a valid art form.
The Romero Archives is grateful for the support of the International Game Developers’ Association and its IGDA Foundation. The IGDA Foundation exists to enhance the lives of game developers through educational, scientific and charitable works.
The Romero Archives is currently in the proposal stage with plans to launch in 2015. Online archiving is in progress.